Monday, February 21, 2011

Strawberry Iced Tea

I love Iced teas. It is a great alternative to the carbonated beverages carrying just sugar and empty calories. I wanted to try a fruit flavored tea for a long time now. Since Strawberry is in season, and I love the pretty pink fruit, I made the iced tea, strawberry flavor. And I loved it!


Ingredients:
Tea bags - 2 (May use Black or Green Tea. I used Green) ~ 2 tsp
Water - 600 ml
Strawberries - about 8-10
Water - 1/4 cup
Sugar/Honey - 3 tsp or to taste


Method:
Heat 600 ml of water and when it comes to a rolling boil, add the tea bags. After a minute, turn off heat, cover and steep for a minimum of 20-30 mins and allow to cool. Hull the strawberries and finely puree using 1/4 cup of water. Strain and mix this juice to the cooled tea. Add sweetness to taste and serve chilled or with ice-cubes. I just served chilled.

I am sending this to 'Veggie/Fruit a Month - Strawberry' event by Priya of Mharo Rajasthan, guest hosted by Pari. Also sending this to 'Cooking with Fruits' event by Smita.


[veggiefruit-a-month7.png]



Strawberry

24 comments:

  1. This is a beautiful smoothie. I agree with you nothing can beat the homemade.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks so refreshing and what a lovely color it has!

    US Masala

    ReplyDelete
  3. yum yum.. I love iced teas and this is a perfect cooler...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really the colour is so nice..and refreshing too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous colour and looks refreshingly chill... Great idea for iced tea !!

    ReplyDelete
  6. he he he I am thirsty the iced tea is so refreshing and cool and inviting me to grab it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Omg, wat a beautiful iced tea, soooo refreshing Krithi..

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love...love ..love this..I have one with Pom though..yummy!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the color and must be yummy..

    ReplyDelete
  10. Agree .. beautiful colr it has... very innovative too

    ammaandbaby.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. color looks grt and combination is creative.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very colorful and very yummy !!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Strawberry iced tea looks so refreshing and yummy.

    Deepa
    Hamaree Rasoi

    ReplyDelete
  14. Never had Strawberry tea.This looks so refreshing and yummy.Bookmarked it.

    ReplyDelete
  15. very nice and innovative idea of making strawberry flavoured tea

    ReplyDelete
  16. v new which I have never tried ..must be yummy!..v innovative :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. wow.beautiful strawberry ice tea....ome thing very innovative

    ReplyDelete
  18. Looks so pretty and sounds so delicious and refreshing!
    Blessings,
    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  19. I am totally going to try this out tomorrow - I have some strawberries and tons of green tea ready to go - Lovely lovely post :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow.. Very new to me .. looks absolutely tempting dear.. thanks for the awesome recipe.. U rock dear :)
    Indian Cuisine

    ReplyDelete

Do leave your valuable comments here!
I appreciate any critical comment which helps improve my posts, although inappropriate and rude comments will not be published.