Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Chocolate Biscuit Eggless Pudding / No Bake Marie Biscuit Pudding | Dessert Recipes

Happy New Year! I made this no-bake pudding a few weeks ago for a small celebration. This pudding reminds me of a New Year many years ago when I was in college. I and my sister saw this pudding recipe in a magazine and decided to make this on New Year's eve. Now I remembered this one fine day but forgot the exact recipe. I did remember the steps but the chocolate sauce recipe eludes my memory. So I decided to make my own chocolate sauce.

Ingredients:
Serves - 6
Preparation time - 20 minutes; Setting time - 6 hrs
Marie Biscuits - 20
Whole milk - 1/3 cup
Butter - 2 tbsp
Semi-sweet Chocolate chips - 3/4 cup
Sugar - 1 tbsp (optional)
Water - 1/2 cup
Instant coffee powder - 1 tsp, heaped
Pecans - 1/2 cup, chopped finely (or any nuts of your choice)

Method:
Grease a 6" round pan and line with a plastic wrap with a overhang. 
Melt butter in a microwave proof bowl and add the milk. Heat for 30-60 secs until just warm to touch. Add the chocolate chips and whisk until smooth. Add sugar if desired. Set aside.
Heat the water until boiling and add the instant coffee powder. Remove from heat and allow it to cool a little.
Dip the biscuits one by one in the coffee (1-2 seconds per biscuit) and arrange in the plastic wrap lined pan.
Arrange 5 biscuits per layer, overlapping slightly. Pour about 3 tbsp of the chocolate sauce over the biscuits to completely coat the layer. Repeat the biscuits layer, dipped in coffee. Pour the chocolate sauce. Repeat for a total of 4 layers of biscuits. The top layer should be chocolate. Sprinkle chopped pecans over the chocolate layer. Cover loosely with the overhang plastic wrap. Refrigerate for a minimum of 6 hours or overnight.

2 comments:

  1. Superb cake. Just love it. Mouth watery one. Thank u for the recipe and the process. Keep posting with lots more.

    ReplyDelete

Do leave your valuable comments here!
I appreciate any critical comment which helps improve my posts, although inappropriate and rude comments will not be published.