Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Healing Foods - Event announcement

I am very excited to guest host Healing Foods event for this month. This is a wonderful event started by Siri of Cooking with Siri. And any guesses on what food I chose for this month's theme... Yes, It is "Banana". 
Banana is a favorite fruit for most of us. It serves as an instant storehouse of energy due to its carbohydrates content and is rich in iron, vitamins, potassium and fiber. It is also a natural antacid and provides a cooling effect to the body, much needed in this summer. It is one of the three royal fruits (Mukkani - meaning three fruits) in Tamil literatures. The three royal fruits are Maa (Mango), Palaa (Jackfruit) and Vaazhai (Banana).
Almost all part of the banana plant is edible or has its uses. The trunk(stem), blossom (flower), plantain (raw banana), banana (fruit) are used as food. The banana leaves are traditionally used to serve food and are also used as eco-friendly plates.
And now coming to the guidelines of the event
1. Make any dish with Banana as the main ingredient. Any dish with ripe banana, raw banana (plantain), banana blossom, banana stem is welcome.
2. The dish can be any part of the meal, like appetizer, main course, dessert, sides, shakes, smoothies or in its raw or baked form. Only vegetarian entries, but eggs are allowed.
3. Please link to this page and Siri's Healing Foods event announcement page.
4. Any number of new entries posted in the month of June 2011 is accepted. Archived entries are accepted if reposted with a latest date in June. Maximum of two entries from archives please.
5. Use of logo is appreciated
6. The last date for the entries is Jun 30 2011.
7. Please email the following details to krithiskitchen[at]gmail[dot]com with subject line as "Healing Foods - Banana"
    Name, Blog Name, Recipe Name, Recipe URL, Country, Picture (resized to 400 px please).
8. Non-bloggers can also participate. Send in your recipe with a picture to the above email id.
And now to the interesting part of the event, "The Giveaways".

1. Cooking at Home with Pedatha
    Awarded Best Vegetarian Cookbook in the world 2006, this book documents culinary legacy of a illusrious Indian grandmother for posterity.

2. Sukham Ayu
     Winner of Best Health and Nutrition Book in the World 2009-Second place, this beautiful book has been researched at KARE, an idyllic ayurvedic research and rejuvenation establishment near Pune.
Two lucky winners will be randomly selected from the entries received and be awarded the books. Myself and Siri are not eligible to participate in the random draw. Both the books will be shipped to any place in the globe. So there are no boundaries on who can participate and win the lovely treasures.
Expecting a lot of healthy and tasty entries from you all!!

39 comments:

  1. nice event . will send my entries ......

    ReplyDelete
  2. wonderful event !! happy hosting dear !!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wohoooo I have a recipe to share using banana

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! such a wonderful event.. this is my favorite food with lots of food values.. Happy hosting dear!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW...Thanks will surely participate

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy hosting dear. I will try to cook something with banana as I have a few recipes bookmarked :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy hosting dear, nice event..

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy hosting Krithi..will send my entries.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's a great event to host. I love banana and wish I could have made something to participate . The husband doesn't like much !!
    www.sunshineandsmile.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful event..Happy Hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  11. happy hosting krithi! This is yet another interesting event dear - hope to participate - too much company over the next month!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. happy hosting! it's sure an inspiring theme!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy Hosting Krithi! Will surely send in my entries..

    ReplyDelete
  14. That sounds like a wonderful event!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hello Foodie,
    I welcome you to Follow my news site.
    I will be very Delighited to have you over there.
    You can watch daily news on your fellow bloggers and know about daily blog marathons.
    If you want to see your event on my blog plz mail me to foodblognews@gmail.com

    Happy Blogging!!!!
    Food Blog News Daily
    Good Food Recipes

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wonderful event Krithi, happy hosting! Will see if I can come up with something.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi sent you the entry..you can check at http://tastejunction.blogspot.com/2011/06/all-time-nibble-savory-banana-chips.html

    ReplyDelete
  18. woww.. me tooo :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Have just now sent u the details of my entry.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I see if I can do it (not so good at reducing images....), but thank you so much for the invite, and in the meantime I'll follow you :-).

    I am vegetarian, so there are lots of lovely recipes for me here :-)

    ciao
    Alessandra

    ReplyDelete
  21. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Nice Event! Will send my blog links with Banana recipes.

    ReplyDelete
  23. I sent a few entries to this event last week. Did you get it Krithi?

    ReplyDelete
  24. Happy Hosting Krithi!! My entry will be there!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Great event Krithi! I sent in my entry yesterday, please let me know if you got it: Banana Crumb Muffins!

    http://www.cookeatdelicious.com/bread/banana-crumb.html

    Thanks, Raven

    ReplyDelete
  26. lovely event Krithi, happy hosting...i've sent an entry.waiting for the giveaways to be declared:)

    ReplyDelete
  27. Great event Kirti. I am sending The chocolate banana cupcakes to this event .
    http://sinfoodie.blogspot.com/2011/06/chocolate-banana-cupcakes.html

    ReplyDelete
  28. Hi,

    I am new to the world of blog. I just started smart-snacks.blogspot.com & guess what .........I had just made a banana dish this past Sunday & now I just stumbled upon this contest. I ma definitely posting my dish.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Hi Krithi,

    Here is my entry....
    http://smart-snacks.blogspot.com/2011/06/banana-stuffed-croissant.html

    ReplyDelete
  30. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Do leave your valuable comments here!
I appreciate any critical comment which helps improve my posts, although inappropriate and rude comments will not be published.