Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Guest hosting "Herbs and Flowers in my Platter" - Coriander leaves/Cilantro

This is my first time hosting an event and I would like to thank PJ of Seduce Your Tastebuds to let me guest host her event. PJ has a wide variety of healthy recipes collection and almost everything from each category. Be it cereals/vegetables/fruits, she would definitely have cooked a dish from each of the items.
The chosen herb for this month is Coriander Leaves/Cilantro. This is a common herb used in South-Asian, Latin-American and Mediterranean cuisine alike. These are known by the common names like Coriander leaves, Cilantro or Chinese Parsley. 
So dear friends are you ready to cook with Coriander/Cilantro and send me your culinary creations...


Here are the guidelines.
  1. Cook and blog about any dish which features 'Coriander Leaves/Cilantro'. No Beef/Pork/Alcohol please.
  2. The selected herb has to be the star or one of the key ingredients in the dish.
  3. Though this series is based on the culinary uses, you can also write about some interesting facts on cilantro and other medicinal/cosmetic uses.
  4. Please add this announcement link, original announcement page by PJ, logo to your post. It helps spread the word.
  5. Send in as many entries as you could. Archived entries are also accepted but please re-post with this event announcement and logo.
  6. The last date for the entries is April 15th 2011.
  7. Send me the following details with email subject as "Herbs & Flowers - Coriander" to krithiskitchen[at]gmail[dot]com.
    1. Your name and 
    2. Blog Name
    3. Recipe and URL
    4. Picture of your dish, resized to not more than 400 px, please
  8. Non bloggers are also welcome to participate, Send me your recipe to the above email id.
I believe all you fellow bloggers would give me support and encouragement by sending your lovely entries and make it a success. Looking forward for your wonderful entries...

--Krithi

46 comments:

  1. Thanks for hosting Krithi :).Will send you my entries soon...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy hosting krithi..coriander is one of the widely used herbs in indian cooking so there will surely be many entries.

    ReplyDelete
  3. happy hosting Krithi..I'll send u some enries soon..and thanx for ur lovely comment on "Fruit Chaat" and adding ur event to my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy hosting Krithi, will send my entries..

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have an entry to send. nice event. do spread ur event at my events page www.sarafoodevents.blogspot.com. drop in n leave comment.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Coriander is a wonderful choice... Best wishes for the event :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Interesting Event !Happy hosting !

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely event will send u my entries !!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice event... Happy hosting dear...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cilantro is one of my most fav herb ..will send you my entries soon :)
    Happy hosting!!


    US Masala

    ReplyDelete
  11. nice event will try to send in something!
    Smitha
    Smitha's Spicy Flavors

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy hosting Krithi...Sending my entries real soon..I had planned on making a dish with cilantro as d main ingredient & thn u host this event...Perfect!!
    Prathima Rao
    Prats Corner

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy hosting Krithi .Will send my entries soon.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy hosting dear ...will try to send something

    ReplyDelete
  15. So, this is your first event hosting :) Great going. Cilantro is one of my fav herb and i use that a lot, but i think i never made it a star of my dish. Will think something soon and hope to share with you.
    www.sunshineandsmile.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Happy Hosting!!! Will send my entry soon!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Nice event Krithi and coriander is one of my favs however, here we do not get it and so have conditioning my tastebuds to enjoy Indian delicacies without my fav cilantro:(
    Happy hosting!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I will try my best to participate, as coriander is my favourite herb, I think to every Indian or should I say Asians, I just can't live without it :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great event.. Will send you my entry soon..
    Bhalo Khabo

    ReplyDelete
  20. awesome! Let me see if i can send something!

    ReplyDelete
  21. That's a wonderful event. I use cilantor liberally in my dishes- will sure send you some entries. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  22. OMG Krithi, you are practically my neighbor! Live in Charlottesville, about 2 hours away! - We SHOULD plan to meet - That would be SO COOL AND AWESOME - let's email each other - priyamahadevan@hotmail.com and we can exchange #s - I am serious!

    ReplyDelete
  23. My favorite herb is featured for the event and I will be more than happy to participate.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Nice event. will send my entries soon.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Superb event i will surely participate in this event....and i have started my event treat to eyes series-2. do participate:)

    ReplyDelete
  26. Happy hosting!!
    Will send my entry soon..

    Valar
    http://valarskitchen-basics.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  27. Participated by sending my entry :)

    ReplyDelete
  28. Nice event :)
    Will surely send my entries soon..

    Sobha
    http://sobha-goodfood.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  29. happy hosting Krithi :) will send my entry.
    love to follow you:)
    http://saltiepie.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  30. Just sent an entry...:)
    Happy hosting dear..

    Sobha
    http://sobha-goodfood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  31. happy hosting Krithi, happy to participate in this healthy event..do confirm me , my entry reaches u..:)

    Tasty Appetite

    ReplyDelete
  32. Happy hosting Krithi....just sent my entry for your event!!! :)

    Ankita
    http://eat-hearty.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  33. sent in my entry for your event!! please check

    ReplyDelete
  34. First time here , See you again

    ReplyDelete

Do leave your valuable comments here!
I appreciate any critical comment which helps improve my posts, although inappropriate and rude comments will not be published.