Monday, December 30, 2013

2013 - A Flashback!

When I did a flashback post for the year 2012, I was skeptical if I would even reach this point. My resolution back then was to blog at least twice a month. I am happy that I stuck to that. 2013 was a great year and went pretty well. I went back to basics on blog front and posted many basic Indian recipes. It was well received by you readers and it made me happy. 

2013 Highlights

  • Some of the most commonly made dishes are often not considered as a candidate for the blog post. So this year I wanted to post as many common/daily recipes as possible and I am happy I could do that.
  • I took part in Vegan Thursdays initiative by Priya, who encouraged posting Vegan recipes twice a month on Thursdays. Since many dishes I cook are vegan I thoroughly enjoyed it. As a matter of fact Indian cuisine is rich in Vegan options for those who are wondering.
  • This year also saw many soups, salads and healthy foods make it to my blog. I was eating more wholesome foods for weight loss and had success. I was derailed with the onset of festival season - Diwali and Christmas. I am hoping to get back on track soon.
  • I also did Guest host few events from blogosphere to make myself more involved. 
  • I announced a Giveaway as a part of my blog's 3rd anniversary celebration. It is ongoing.. Do send in your entries by Jan 5th.

Most pinned on Pinterest

This Vegan recipe for Sesame crusted Tofu with Broccoli and Peppers is the most pinned from Krithi's Kitchen this year.


Top 3 Posts from Facebook
1. Medhu Vada - These pillowy savory Indian donuts was the highest visited post from Facebook.

2. Coconut Chutney - Basics are refreshing. This easy recipe for coconut chutney was well received. 

3. Onion Sambar - This is another simple recipe for side dish for Idli/Dosa.

I also wanted to put together the Top 5 posts on pageviews from 2013 and here it is.

1. Sundal Kulambu - Hearty, Homemade soul food.
2. Soya Chukka - Easy Healthy recipe.

3. Cauliflower Peas Masala - South Indian style - Can't believe there is a webwide hunt for "South Indian style" Cauliflower.

4. Muttai Kulambu - Non-vegetarian recipes have often been the top searches in my space, though I have very few. This recipe tops the search.

5. Kathirikai Poriyal - I have never made a more perfect poriyal with Brinjal. This is a staple in our house.

Like last year, I would like to continue blogging regularly. And that is my New Year resolution!

4 comments:

  1. Wishing You and Your Family a Very Happy and Prosperous New Year 2014.
    Fabulous dshes

    ReplyDelete
  2. yummy delights dear...happy bloggng....happy new year

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely recap Kriti:) And wish you a very Happy New Year....

    ReplyDelete

Do leave your valuable comments here!
I appreciate any critical comment which helps improve my posts, although inappropriate and rude comments will not be published.