Monday, August 1, 2011

Announcing "Serve It" series.... Serve It - Fried

This theme for this month's Serve It series is "Fried". Eating healthy is the primary goal for all of us these days. But it is always okay to indulge in the guilty pleasures of deep fried foods once in a while. Every cuisine across the globe have their own fried foods specialty. Deep fried foods are always associated with the monsoon season in India. Nothing can beat the comfort of hot fried bajjis and engrossing yourself in your favorite book on a cloudy afternoon.


So friends, get your recipes for deep fried foods and send it over to us for a celebration of the monsoons. We would be more than happy if you call up your mom/grandma to get that family recipe for bondas or vadas they made for you during holidays. 
Here are the guidelines for the event:
1. You may send in any entry that has been ‘Deep fried’ or ‘Shallow fried’. No Stir-fried entries please. We want only sinful entries this month. :)
2. Both Vegetarian as well as Non vegetarian entries are welcome. Although No Beef/Pork/Alcohol please.
3. Please link back to this announcement page and also to Denny's event announcement.
4. New entries are appreciated, however if you are sending archived entries, please re-post as latest (with a date in August 2011) and update with both the links to the announcement page and logo.
5. Usage of logo is mandatory.
6. Last date for submission of your entries is August 31, 2011

7. To send in your entries, just link your entries using the below linky tool. You can link from here or from Denny's page. The linked entries can be viewed from both places.
8. If you have a problem in linking email us your problem to serveit.series@gmail.com. We will try to resolve it.



31 comments:

  1. wow...who say no to spicy crunchy deep fried snacks..yummy..nice idea...sure will send my entries..happy hosting Krithi !!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOnderful... just what doctor prescribed ;) Definitely sending an entry for this one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok .. so now I have to make those sinful treats and I have a reason now .. I am participating in the event :)

    Vardhini
    Check out my 100th post giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  4. happy hosting and i've send my 1st entry...will send more..

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thats so nice. Will share my recipe soon.

    Cheers,
    Uma

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy hosting dear,will try to send...

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would surely post my fried recipe preparations.

    Deepa
    Hamaree Rasoi

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have few recipes coming up. Nice event.

    Do spread the event here http://sarafoodevents.blogspot.com/2011/07/august-2011-events.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice one Krithi ! Happy hosting..

    ReplyDelete
  10. nice event...which is tempting us to deep fry...I do agree with deep frying once in a while...happy hosting dear....

    Do chk my August event on Berries too:
    http://anuzhealthykitchen.blogspot.com/2011/07/event-berries-strawberry-desserts.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nie event, will try to send in my entry

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nice event. Will send in my recipes soon.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thats vry nice event.. will send soon:)

    ReplyDelete
  14. this event is making me to do some sins. but i love the sin.. i am in..

    ReplyDelete
  15. happy hosting.. will send my entries

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fun event... and I love deep fry :)
    Tes
    htt://tesathome.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Count me in!! Sending my entries soon & happy hosting dear :)
    Prathima Rao
    Prats Corner

    ReplyDelete
  18. Sounds like a wonderful event, now if I can get myself to fry :P I will do my best!

    ReplyDelete
  19. count me in too for this wonderful event...
    happy hosting

    sukanya

    ReplyDelete
  20. happy hosting dear...Will be sending my entry soon...

    ReplyDelete
  21. I have now one good reason to whip up some fried goodies.Nice event.

    ReplyDelete
  22. entered my entry
    http://torviewtoronto.blogspot.com/2011/08/fried-treacle-rice-flour-sweets.html

    ReplyDelete
  23. I just posted my entry. There was some problem and it got entered thrice. Could u please delete the 2 entries and keep one.

    ReplyDelete
  24. linked my entry - masala cheeyam :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Thanks for letting me know about this crunchy munchy event dear :). Have linked my entry .Will send in a few more later this month. Happy hosting.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hey, it says linky tools subscription expired. How can I link my entry??

    http://momscorner.blogspot.com/2011/08/semolina-tikkis.html
    http://momscorner.blogspot.com/2011/08/corn-seekh-kebab.html
    http://momscorner.blogspot.com/2011/08/hara-bhara-kebab.html

    Rudra
    http://momscorner.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hello friend,

    http://foodeventsannouncement.blogspot.com/ on this chalkboard I have entered in information about your event, so that foodie bloggers like us can find almost everything regarding ongoing food events on our blogspot. Please use the email section to add in your event and also spread a word amongst your blogger friends, so that they can also participate in the same. As we all know how tired some it becomes to search events and how depress we get when later we come to know that we have missed such event where we could have participated. A small effort from my side so that I and my friends don’t miss out any such event. In return all I need is follow http://foodeventsannouncement.blogspot.com/ and http://yummyfoodintummy.blogspot.com/ blog publicly :) Information to be entered in you email is:
    Name of event:
    Blog URL:
    Event Logo attached
    In subject mention: Event Announcements

    ReplyDelete

Do leave your valuable comments here!
I appreciate any critical comment which helps improve my posts, although inappropriate and rude comments will not be published.