Thursday, June 27, 2013

Sesame Crusted Tofu Salad with Broccoli and Bell Pepper | Indian Tofu Recipes

I could use all the protein I get from vegetarian dishes since DH is a pure vegetarian. Tofu is a great source of vegetarian protein, hence I am always in the lookout for more Tofu Recipes. I have started experimenting with substitution method for recipes. This recipe here is which I have tried with potatoes from Sailu's space a couple of years ago. It stuck me, why not try tofu in this. And so I arrived at this tasty delight. I am linking this up for Vegan Thursdays.

Ingredients:
Adapted from Sailu's recipe
Serves - 2-3
Broccoli - 1 crown - precooked/steamed for about 2 mins  
Red Bell Pepper - 1
Red pepper flakes - 1/2 tsp
Extra firm Tofu - 1 block - pressed and cut into 1/2" cubes
Sesame seeds - 2 tsp - toasted (White/Black can be used)
For the marinade:
Chilli powder - 1 tsp
Salt - 1/4 tsp
Almond meal - 2 tsp (optional)
Oil - for pan frying
For the Sauce:
Oil - 1 tsp
Ginger - minced - 2 tsp
Garlic - minced - 2 tsp
Tomato Ketchup - 2 tsp (optional, I added for a slight sweet touch)
Chilli Sauce - 2 tsp (I used Sriracha)
Soy Sauce - 2 tsp (I used Low Sodium variety)
Lime juice - 2 tsp (Vinegar can be substituted)
Salt - to taste
Method:
Mix the tofu pieces with the marinade. Heat oil (1 tsp per batch) in a wide pan  and fry the tofu in batches. Make sure all the sides are browned. Set aside. Add the broccoli, red pepper with chilli flakes and toss in high heat for a minute. Set aside. In the same pan, heat 1 tsp of oil and add the ginger and garlic. Fry for about 2 minutes in medium heat. Throw in the other ingredients for the sauce and allow it to boil. Add the fried tofu, remove from heat and toss well. Add the toasted sesame seeds and mix to coat. Serve it mixed with the broccoli and red bell pepper as a salad.

9 comments:

  1. delicious and yummy colourful healthy salad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Omg, those sesame crusted tofu looks incredible,definitely my kind of salad.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum!! Looks so colorful and tasty :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. tofu with sesame gives nice flavour and colorful too

    ReplyDelete
  5. very healthy and diffrent combo :) looks delicious dear:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. All ing are my fav! Must be super yummy

    ReplyDelete
  7. so so so colourful,i will try with paneer :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Healthy.. and i love the crusted and crisp tofu. Wonderful for a salad. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I made this salad for lunch, it was sooooo good!!

    ReplyDelete

Do leave your valuable comments here!
I appreciate any critical comment which helps improve my posts, although inappropriate and rude comments will not be published.