Sunday, August 18, 2013

Cauliflower Varuval / Cauliflower Dry Curry

My favorite way of eating cauliflower is to have it crispy as in a manchurian or as in gobi 65. But those ways are not always good for my health. So I tried to make it a bit healthier using less oil but my ultimate aim of eating crispy cauliflower isn't sacrificed in this method.
Ingredients:
Serves - 2
Cauliflower florets - 2 cups - Rinsed and drained
Kashmiri chilli powder - 1 tsp
Garlic powder - 1/2 tsp
Salt - to taste
Olive Oil - 2 tbsp + more for spraying
Method:
Heat oil in a wide non-stick pan and place the cauliflower florets in a single layer. Fry until lightly roasted turned over the florets occasionally. When the florets are three-fourths cooked, add the kashmiri chilli powder, garlic powder and salt to taste. Cook in medium heat until the florets are completely coated in the spice powder and well roasted. Serve hot as a side or snack with yogurt dip. 
Notes: I used kashmiri chilli powder for the color, regular chilli powder can be substituted. If the florets tend to dry out while roasting spray with some oil as needed. Make sure not to crowd the pan as it would result in steaming the cauliflower as opposed to roasting.

8 comments:

Do leave your valuable comments here!
I appreciate any critical comment which helps improve my posts, although inappropriate and rude comments will not be published.