Sunday, November 30, 2014

Mushroom Zucchini Skillet Noodles

What is your idea of a quick lunch? Mine is a simple rice or noodles with lot of veggies and fresh herbs. A little olive oil or sesame oil would sure be there for that flavor. This skillet noodles is something that can be whipped up in under 20 minutes start to finish. While your noodles is cooking, clean and chop up the veggies. Stir fry the veggies when the noodles is cooling.
I made this in my new addition in my kitchen. My cast-iron skillet. My new love. I see me reaching out for my skillet for most recipes and I love it.

Ingredients:
Serves - 2
Whole Grain Spaghetti / Soba Noodles - 5 oz 
Mushroom - 8 oz ~ 250 g
Zucchini - 1 medium
Garlic - 1 clove
Extra Virgin Olive Oil - 2 tbsp + more if needed
Fresh Rosemary - 1 tbsp
Salt & Pepper - to taste
Method:
Cook the pasta/noodles according to instructions. Drain and set aside, loosely covered. Clean and cut the mushrooms in to thick slices. Slice the zucchini into thin quarters. Crush and peel the garlic. 
Heat oil in a cast iron skillet and add the crushed garlic. When the garlic starts to brown, remove it from the pan, we just want to infuse the garlic flavor to the oil. Add the cut mushrooms and layer it on the pan. Allow it to brown on both sides. Now add the zucchini and fry for a minute or two until it starts browning. Add the finely chopped fresh rosemary with salt and pepper. Add the cooked noodles and remove from heat. Toss the noodles well in the pan. Serve hot.

3 comments:

Do leave your valuable comments here!
I appreciate any critical comment which helps improve my posts, although inappropriate and rude comments will not be published.