Saturday, October 1, 2011

Announcing Serve It Series - Serve It - Festival Potluck

When I and Denny were thinking for the theme this month's Serve It series, we unanimously decided on this one - "Festival Potluck". What is more appropriate than celebrating this month with this theme. Festivals are integral part of Indian Culture from time immemorial. October is festival month for us Indians featuring loads of festivals starting with Navaratri, Dussehra, Ayudha Pooja, Diwali etc. Needless to say Festivals are always associated with Family, Fun, Frolic and of course Food... Lots of it!! 
So dearies link up your festival dishes to the Serve It event this month.
Here are the guidelines for the event:
1. You may send in any entry that you would prepare for a "Festival". Strictly no baked Ingredients are allowed this month.
2. Only Vegetarian entries please. Not even eggs.
3. Please link back to this announcement page and also to Denny's page.
4. New entries are appreciated, however if you are sending archived entries, please re-post as latest (with a date in October 2011) and update with both the links to the announcement page and logo.
5. Usage of links and logo is mandatory.
6. Last date for submission of your entries is October 31, 2011
7. To send in your entries, just link your entries using the below linky tool. 
8. Non-bloggers also can send their entries with a picture to the below email-id.
9. If you have a problem in linking email us your problem to serveit[dot]series[at]gmail[dot]com. We will try to resolve it.

21 comments:

  1. awesome theme! & I have the perfect idea to cook for festival! :)
    -
    Kavi | Edible Entertainment

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice Event...Happy hosting dear...Count me in...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lots of festival events this month .. gearing up for festival cooking :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. lovely event and happy hosting,Kriti!!
    Am your happy follower :-)
    I hope u'll follow me too..

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Hosting Kriti... I 'll send in my entries.

    Cheers,
    Uma

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would love to be part of this festival potluck. Happy hosting :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. great theme and a great blog too! I should be (hopefully) posting a sundal recipe soon..if i do, will send that across for this event!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great theme for this month...will send my entries soon....And happy to be a follower of you....

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for hosting this fun series Krithi.. Just linked my dairy free Gulab Jamuns.. i hope you all like them and choose a little less dairy this festive season!!:)

    Richa @ Hobby And More Food Blog
    Hobby And More on Facebook

    ReplyDelete
  10. linked my two entries...mini jangri and puran poli...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Krithis, thanks for dropping by my blog and leave a nice comment. Happy hosting and have a nice weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  12. just sent in my entry as requested by u, happy hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hello Krithi,

    Glad to be a part of your event. Wish you a happy Diwali!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Kirthi,

    I have just an email regarding my post, I am new to linky tools, so I am sorry I couldn't link the post http://h4hemh4help.blogspot.com/2011/10/diwalisweetsavory.html.

    ReplyDelete

Do leave your valuable comments here!
I appreciate any critical comment which helps improve my posts, although inappropriate and rude comments will not be published.