Monday, March 7, 2011

Mango Cupcakes

It was raining the whole day Sunday but the temperature was not so cold. Rain was a welcome break after the cold days (Yeah, winter is still here). Sundays were mostly stay-at-home-take-rest days and the afternoons are meant for a movie/tv. I was craving for something fresh and hot and was in a mood to have freshly baked goodies from oven. I had a can of mango puree which had brought from Indian stores before a couple of weeks. I made this mango cupcakes after some googling. 
I made few tweaks to the original recipe which called for cardamom powder and ground almond but I replaced it with MTR Badam Feast (Almond mix with saffron). I also dropped the butter since I was using oil and fruit puree. I reduced the sugar to 2/3 cup instead of 3/4 cup since my mango puree was sweetened. I got a super-soft fruity muffin with a almond touch.


Ingredients:
Source: Journey Kitchen
All-purpose flour/Maida - 1 1/2 cup
Baking powder - 1 tsp (Make this 2 tsp if going eggless)
Salt - 1/2 tsp
Badam mix - 1 tbsp  
Mango puree - 1 1/2 cups (360 ml)
Canola oil - 1/3 cup (80 ml) - Any vegetable oil would be fine
Sugar - 2/3 cup (Make it 3/4 cup if mangoes are not so sweet)
Vanilla - 1 tsp
Eggs - 2 (room temperature)
Method: 
Preheat the oven to 350 F. Place the oven rack in the middle and line the muffin tray with liners. Mix the flour, baking powder, salt, badam mix in a whisk/Sieve together three times. Cream the oil and sugar with a hand mixer in a low speed for a minute. Add the eggs and mix for 2 mins. Now mix in the vanilla and the mango puree and beat until well mixed. Now pour the wet ingredients over dry ingredients and mix until combined. Do not over-mix. The batter would be of cake batter consistency. Pour to the liners and bake for 25-30 mins until a tooth-pick inserted comes out clean. Serve warm.
Note: These super clicks are by my DH
 
Sending this to JFI-Rerun-Mango event by Satya extended to March 15th.
Also sending this to Vaishali's event Spring and Treat to Eyes event by Rumana.
Sending this to Srivalli's Kid's Delight hosted by Nupur of UK-Rasoi, for the month of April 2012.




Mango


60 comments:

  1. wow mango is my fav cup cakes looks amazing , spongy and puffy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. mango in cup cakes,sure it shud have been delectable.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Colorful! They look so perfectly done.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the color and look of your cupcakes.I am bookmarking this for a rainy day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful cupcakes. Mango is my fav fruit :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very tempting and colourful cupcakes,soo pretty..

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful clicks..looks so perfect n yumm!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Vibrant and inviting color,looks beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  9. lovely texture and looks delicious, Can't wait to try it !!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow perfect cup cake dear! luks delicious...love the cup cake liner too,very nice:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. they have come out perfect...perfect color, soft and moist!...
    Smitha
    Smitha's Spicy Flavors

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, that is a superb gorgeous looking cupcake, loved the color and sure to taste yummy too, bookmarked!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Drools Drools! lovely color and well cud guess the wonderful taste too! gud work

    ReplyDelete
  14. Mangoes in a any form is such a lovely one n cupcakes looks perfect n very tempting..

    ReplyDelete
  15. Mango cupcakes look so heavenly. Just waiting for the mango season to arrive here to try out this recipe.

    Deepa
    Hamaree Rasoi

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow.. love the color... lovely cupcakes... yum yum .. i am so drooling here :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. My fav fruit in the universe..Delicious cup cakes

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful cupcakes.. moist- soft- fluffy with that gorgeous golden yellow color!


    US Masala

    ReplyDelete
  19. Looks so perfect and spongy. Wish I had them

    ReplyDelete
  20. Yumm.yumm.... Love your clicks.. beautuful.

    ReplyDelete
  21. yummy!! very impressive...nice click krithi!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. ooh! wow, mouthwatering cup cakes krithi. Lovely..thanks for sending them to my event.

    ReplyDelete
  23. The cupcakes looks so cute and mouthwatering.

    ReplyDelete
  24. soft and cute cupcakes.mangoes in cupcakes sounds awesome

    ReplyDelete
  25. Too good!!!! Looks soft & moist..;) Perfectly baked...I love any dessert with mangoes..
    Prathima Rao
    Prats Corner

    ReplyDelete
  26. Soft, moist & spongy cake.first time here.u have a nice blog:)

    ReplyDelete
  27. Awesome color....feel like grabbing one right now...so yum looking....

    ReplyDelete
  28. omg...these cute mango cupcakes are so irrestible, clicks are super awesome,loved it

    ReplyDelete
  29. wow lovely....i loved ur clicks.....n these cupcakes r so wanted!!!1

    ReplyDelete
  30. I love the look of these cakes. I am sure they tasted good if not wonderful.

    Nice place you have here. I am happy to be following you

    ReplyDelete
  31. This is the first time I am coming across mango in a cake and these cuties are perfect...

    ReplyDelete
  32. Such fluffy and tasty cupcakes..looks super yumm

    ReplyDelete
  33. Yummy cupcakes Bookmarked :)

    ReplyDelete
  34. Looks super soft and very nice colour...

    FunWidFud

    ReplyDelete
  35. Beautiful cupcake..love to take a bite :)

    ReplyDelete
  36. Lovely cupcakes!!! soft, fluffy and with that bright beautiful yellow color!!!

    ReplyDelete
  37. These look amazing! I can almost taste that mango flavor!

    ReplyDelete
  38. Lovely cupcakes !
    Thanks for the entry!

    I have an award waiting for you on my blog. Please visit and collect :)

    ReplyDelete
  39. வாவ்...à®…à®°ுà®®ையாக இருக்கின்றது...அதுவுà®®் à®®ாà®®்பழத்தில் à®…à®°ுà®®ை...

    ReplyDelete
  40. I love mangoes ... the cupcakes look light and fluffy ... I'm glad I stumbled upon u'r blog ... I'm u'r newest follower

    You can visit my blog at http://myhobbielobbie.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  41. The cup cakes looks so yummy Krithi.

    ReplyDelete
  42. Their color is perfect. They look very fluffy and moist!

    ReplyDelete
  43. Am still waiting for the mango season to start, these muffins look lovely.

    Lite Bite

    ReplyDelete
  44. Ah, that's such a hip, chic and tantalizing recipe with mangoes! My cupcake craze shows no signs of abating, and how could it when you display these fabulous treats to tempt me..?!!

    ReplyDelete
  45. Lovely color, looks splendid...must be a great tasting one for sure

    ReplyDelete
  46. These look really yummy and i am sure taste yummy too with all that mango!

    ReplyDelete
  47. they look so moist and tempting.. loved ur blog..

    Do visit me when u get time..
    Jabeen
    http://comeletseat.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  48. Hey Krithi,
    Amazing blog and yummy cup cakes too.. Planning to make them tomorrow. Will let u know abt them later:)
    Shubha (http://kuchmeredilnekaha.blogspot.com)

    ReplyDelete
  49. Wow! Krithi,Luvly Cup Cake.Looks appetizingly beautiful.Luv all ur recipes Krithi.Thanks for following.

    ReplyDelete
  50. I just came across your blatant copy of my mango cupcakes recipe. While anyone is welcome to cook the recipes on my blog, I absolutely do not tolerate bloggers who "tweak" ingredients and then repost them without giving credit. Either credit my blog immediately for the recipe, or take it down.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Vaishali, I have adapted these muffins from this recipe Journey Kitchen
      I have already given credit to that page.

      Delete

Do leave your valuable comments here!
I appreciate any critical comment which helps improve my posts, although inappropriate and rude comments will not be published.