Monday, January 27, 2014

Carrot Rice for Infants | Infant & Toddler Food Ideas

I had been wanting to start a section for Baby and Toddler Foods for a while now. Kavin is now 19 months and pretty much eats whatever I make for us. Of course mealtimes are fuss times. Now that he had started saying "enough" (in our language), he starts saying enough midway through his meal or sometimes even after the first spoon. On some days when I have leftovers for me to finish, I make some of his favorites. These recipes I will be posting here are Kavin-approved tasty baby foods.

Ingredients:
Serves - 1;
Cooked rice - 1 cup
Carrots - chopped - 1 cup
Water - 1/2 cup
Salt - a pinch
Pepper - a pinch
Ghee - 1/2 tsp

Method:
In a closed saucepan, cook the chopped carrots with water and a pinch of salt and pepper. When the carrots are completely through, cool it a little and puree in the blender. Mash the cooked rice when it is still hot and mix in the ghee and pureed carrots. Serve warm. 
Notes:
Baby age - 7 months and above. Make sure you have already introduced rice and carrots to your baby, not necessarily together.

5 comments:

Do leave your valuable comments here!
I appreciate any critical comment which helps improve my posts, although inappropriate and rude comments will not be published.