Saturday, May 26, 2012

Chicken Chukka / Easy Indian Chicken Side Dish | Indian Chicken Recipes

This is the first non-veg dish in my space, though I used to eat meat at least twice a month before marriage. My family, Grandma, Dad and Sis are experts in cooking meat and I had been always a sous-chef whenever it comes to cooking non-veg. My territory was limited to the prepping and tasting area. DH is a pure vegetarian. Having said that, I never really had an idea to cook meat at home until recently. I started with salmon initially and slowly included chicken in my kitchen. I have started with cooking basic recipes, nothing fancy and hoping to post more non-vegetarian recipes here in my space. 
Ingredients:
Preparation time - 10 mins; Cooking time - 15 mins
Serves - 2; Spice level - Medium
Chicken Breast - Boneless, Skinless - cut into 1" cubes - about 1 cup
Oil - 2-3 tbsp
Curry leaves - 4
Pearl onions / Shallots - 10 - chopped roughly - 1/2 cup or more, the more the tastier..
Tomato - chopped - 2 tbsp
Ginger Garlic paste - 1 tsp
Curry powder / Kari Masala Powder - 1/2 tsp
Pepper Powder - 1/2 tsp or to taste
Red chilli powder - 1/4 tsp or to taste
Turmeric Powder - a pinch
Salt - to taste
Method:
Heat oil in a pan and add curry leaves. When it splutters add the pearl onions and fry until it becomes light brown. Add tomato and a little salt and saute until it becomes mushy. Add ginger-garlic paste and cook for 2 minutes. Now reduce the heat to medium and add the spice powders, curry powder, pepper powder, chilli powder and turmeric powder with salt to taste. Fry for a minute, add the chicken and mix well. Cook in medium high heat for about 6-8 minutes or until done, mixing occasionally. Serve hot as a side dish.
Note: To check doneness, prick and split with a fork. If you want a more gravy like dish increase the amount of tomato and add half a cup of water at the end and boil for 5 minutes.
I am sending this simple Chicken dish to Chicken Feast event by MySpicyKitchen.
Chicken Feast, myspicykitchen, my spicy kitchen

23 comments:

  1. Yummy,drooling here,thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow...chicken chukka looks so yummy...delicious preparation! would love to give it a try :)
    Spicy Treats

    ReplyDelete
  3. Simply mouthwatering chicken. Excellent clicks.

    Deepa

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the dry chicken preparation..perfect side dish.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's such a tempting post Krithi..I always loved it..(btw I will send it soon.)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super-Yummy :) feeling hungry now

    http://delectable-delicious.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  7. tempting post dear...never had try any dish like..thx for sharing! frst time to ur blog..there r much i hav to try..glad to follow u!

    http://subhieskitchen.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  8. mOUTH WATERING...

    Do participate in my first event :

    http://jiyasdelicacy.blogspot.com/2012/05/first-event-exhibit-every-bite-1.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. Salivating here..seriously chicken chukka makes me hungry Krithi.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Chicken Chukka is inviting and looking forward to more yummy non-veg recipes in your space! Thanks for sending this mouthwatering recipe to Chicken Feast Event.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good that u started having fish n chicken gradually.. Love this simple yet delicious dish..

    ReplyDelete
  12. Super tempting chicken chukka, looks so inviting.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yummy chicken dish Kirthi.. loved it.. More wonderful recipes please..:))
    Take care..
    Reva

    ReplyDelete
  14. That looks great! Chicken lovers would dive into the comp screen to grab a bite of that Im sure!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks for giving Easy Indian Chicken recipe is very attractive and excellent taste. Here good healthy Chicken recipes and most popular recipes are giving you.

    ReplyDelete
  16. love this simple super recipe.looks delicious! recette poularde

    ReplyDelete
  17. Its simply mouthwatering recipe, Indian chukka very interesting, I will add it to my non vegetarian recipes list.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Surprised to see Non-Veg item in your Site.Mouthwatering... But what to do its Purataasi Maadam.. Kannuku virundhu koduthathirkku nandri.

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is just one of the recipes for chicken you can make for dinner or for something like romantic date.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wonderful blog & good post.Its really helpful for me, awaiting for more new post. Keep Blogging!
    Indian spices

    ReplyDelete
  21. I tried this today it came out well. Thank You for sharing it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I am a foodie and I really love indian cookings. It's really nice to come across to something like this, this looks really yummy and delicious! Thanks for sharing. Feel free to drop by to check out my recipes that I've tried too.

    Happy Food Blogging!
    Sarah @
    { Yummy Recipes }

    ReplyDelete

Do leave your valuable comments here!
I appreciate any critical comment which helps improve my posts, although inappropriate and rude comments will not be published.